Welcome to Medicare Virtual Fair June 23, 2021: Register Now!
Learn about signing up for Medicare! Go to www.shiphelp.org for more details to see the agenda, and to register. Click image to download PDF flyer!
Legal Assistance Resumes April 19
Paralegal will again be available on the 3rd Monday of the month starting April 19, 2021.
More about FREE Legal assistance
Please call for an appointment:
618-398-0958 ext 2224
Bond County Transit Customer Feedback Survey!!
Suspension of Services: Senior Center Making Adjustments For Coronavirus
March 18, 2020 Updates: As we continue to weather the COVID-19 storm, the senior center is making some more adjustments to our procedures.
These changes are effective Thursday, March 19, 2020.
1. Bond County Senior Center will be closing each day at 2:00 pm. This does NOT affect food pantry distribution.
2. We will not be accepting any face to face appointments. This means no license plate discounts, energy assistance, or Medicare appointments.
We will be accepting phone calls.
3. The doors to our facility will not be open. This is to limit our chances of our facility from becoming contaminated.
Congregate meal clients to pick up a meal — please call 664-1465 to let us know you are here and we will bring your meal to your vehicle.
4. Home delivered meal volunteers — please wait in your vehicle. We will let you know when the meals are ready and bring them outside for you to get.
5. The food pantry volunteers will take the food box out to the patron’s vehicle. Please stay in your vehicle.
The services we provide are extremely important to the most vulnerable populations in our community and we want to be able to provide them as long as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
READ FULL PRESS RELEASE — [March 11, 2020] Per direction by the Illinois Department on Aging, Bond County Senior Center will be suspending our congregate meal program, salad bar and going out to eat program to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Bond County Senior Center will offer a carry out meal or a meal delivered by a volunteer during this suspension of services to those who would normally come eat at our site. If you want a meal, please call 664-1465 and let us know which way you wish to receive it. We will have to strictly follow a policy of making a reservation by 4:00 pm the day before in order for us to pack a meal.
Home delivered meals will still be provided. We are also purchasing shelf stable meals for all home delivered meal clients. These meals are in the event there is a verified case in our area and we are unable to provide meals. They will be delivered to our clients as soon as possible.
All meetings and after hours gatherings at the Senior Center will be postponed until further notice. Group leaders have been notified. Stay safe, stay healthy and stay home.
Our main focus is to limit exposure to vulnerable populations to this virus, while still providing for their needs. If you have any questions, concerns or needs please call the center at 618-664-1465.